The Content Writer is responsible for the creation of a wide range of long-form expert content for a life science and healthcare B2B-focused audience. With a fundamental understanding of content marketing, the Content Writer develops relevant and engaging content to drive interaction and generate customer demand. The Content Writer works closely with the Associate Director of Content and the Inbound Marketing Team to ensure that copy is optimized for search and has a familiarity with keyword placement and other SEO best practices. The Content Writer also provides ad hoc support for agency marketing activities. The Content Writer contributes to the growth of CG Life by providing high-quality, audience-targeted content for our clients and the agency. The Content Writer is a highly motivated individual who loves science and has a flair for communicating it.
The Content Writer is supervised by the Associate Director of Content and is a member of the greater Inbound Marketing Team.
- Partners with account teams across the agency to provide content services for various clients under deadline. Content execution may include articles, blog posts, case studies, white papers, buyer’s guides, Q&As, social media posts, website copy, newsletters, infographics, video scripts, and corporate presentations.
- Under direction of the Associate Director, works with the PR team on content initiatives.
- Contributes regularly to the agency blog and other writing-related tasks for marketing activities.
- Researches and keeps up-to-date with major content and business/industry trends.
- Excellent overall writing skills in a number of different styles/tones
- Impeccable spelling and grammar; an understanding of AP style preferred
- Working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research.
- An understanding of what motivates consumers online
- Excellent research, organizational, and learning skills
- High comprehension of software like Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Docs
- Ability to independently handle multiple tasks on deadline in fast-paced environment. Strategic and creative thinker. Self-starter with positive attitude.
- B2B content and digital marketing experience
- Experience in Google Analytics
- PhD in life science field preferred
To apply, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter that introduces yourself and communicates how you and CG Life are a perfect match with a shared passion for translating science and healthcare into communications and marketing programs that deliver results. Oh, and let us know your favorite scientist while you’re at it.