CG Life, an integrated marketing communications agency focused on the life science and healthcare markets, is looking for a talented Digital Marketing Analyst to join our San Diego office. The Digital Marketing Analyst will support our Paid Media and Digital Marketing teams by creating and telling compelling stories to our clients through data. This position will support our client’s campaigns in paid search, social media, programmatic and display channels and will be responsible for analyzing and presenting the results and trends of performance that help drive campaign optimizations and strategic recommendations.
The ideal candidate will be able to merge qualitative and quantitative data to devise both strategic and tactical insight-based campaign decisions. CG Life is looking for someone who is immersed in the latest digital and analytics platforms and has the ability to use data to measure campaign performance, optimize campaigns, and create Insight Reports.
The role requires a high-level understanding of analytics along with some specific channel knowledge (can include web, social, paid search and organic/SEO), skills in reporting, data visualization, and analysis to assist with metrics-driven business decisions.
Specific projects will involve analytics audits, analytics configurations, testing, implementation, creating dashboards that blend multiple data sources, and data analysis, as well as tasks like setting up tracking URLs, creating tracking parameters, and ensuring data cleanliness for our clients. The analysis provided will help guide the direction and success of future website and digital initiatives.
- Support Campaign Managers and Digital team with reporting and analytics to inform digital media campaign optimizations
- Participate in client calls by presenting campaign results and key insights in a compelling, cohesive way
- Report on organization performance utilizing third-party reporting and visualization tools including, but not limited to: Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Launch, Tableau, and Google Data Studio
- Monitor day-to-day campaign performance/optimizations and maintain in-depth understanding of client’s overall business and marketing objectives
- Analyzing large data sets to uncover trends and areas for campaign optimization
- Monitor campaign data to identify technical and other issues that impact data collection
- Monitor web analytics tools and provide insight and analysis monthly on trends
- Advise on proper analytics setup and implement analytics tracking
- Set up tracking URLs, UTM parameters, and ensure alignment with other analytics tracking
- Ensure the flow of data through various stages of web and digital use is streamlined and tracked
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop, execute, and analyze results for digital marketing campaigns
- Work on independent projects or projects/tasks assigned as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Analytics or related field
- 2-5 years of professional web analytics experience
- Experienced in data management and well-versed in the use of analytical/data visualization tools such as Microsoft Excel, Google Data Studio, Tableau, Domo, Super Metrics, StackAdapt, and other BI tools
- Analytics implementation experience such as engagement tracking, channel setup, and pixel placement
- Must be technically savvy, detail-oriented, have strong communication and presentation skills, and work well within a collaborative team environment
- Knowledge of tag management systems and the analytics implementation process
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with sound organizational and prioritization skills
- Some prior exposure to digital marketing channels preferred
- Preferred: Experience in digital marketing, including knowledge of digital advertising platforms (e.g. Google Ads, DoubleClick Campaign Manager, DoubleClick Search, etc.) and digital analytics platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.) and other digital advertising tools
To apply, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter that introduces yourself and communicates how you and CG Life are a perfect match with a shared passion for translating science and healthcare into communications and marketing programs that deliver results. Oh, and let us know your favorite scientist while you’re at it.