We are seeking an energetic and motivated Public Relations Account Director or Supervisor who is eager to build their career and help tell our client’s stories in new and innovative ways through earned media relations, social media, and content development.
We’re seeking a hands-on communications professional, who is ready to lead the development and implementation of communications programs from start to finish for our life sciences and healthcare clients. We’re looking for someone who wants to work with clients on the leading edge of science and technology. Someone who can help translate our client’s innovation into compelling stories.
And our new colleague will need to be a proactive, positive communicator who is highly motivated and organized—and a sense of humor doesn’t hurt either.
- Lead client engagements and serve as the day-to-day strategic counselor and oversee all aspects of communications program development and implementation.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships and manage all aspects of client engagement for public relations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of client’s industry, business, technology and apply the knowledge for the development of strategic communications programs.
- Keep abreast of client’s industry and competitors and offer proactive recommendations to achieve client objectives.
- Manage teams assigned to clients and ensure programs delivered on time and on budget.
- Play a key role in the agency’s new business development program from the development and presentation of new business proposals to agency thought leadership and visibility activities.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make decisions independently.
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills.
- Flexible and agile, with the ability to quickly change course when the need arises.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing strategic communications programs in the healthcare and life sciences sectors to raise the visibility of brands, products, technologies, and client thought leaders.
- Experienced in promoting product innovations (launches, regulatory milestones, etc.), medical congresses, and data publications.
- Demonstrated success in developing ongoing relationships that result in strong media placements. Must demonstrate the ability to drive earned media coverage with media from trade (i.e. Fierce Pharma) to mainstream (i.e. New York Times).
- Ability to write a variety of materials from persuasive client communications (key messages, counseling memos, and presentations) to press releases and social media content.
- Experience managing product-related issues, especially in highly regulated environments, and the ability to provide clients with counsel, key messages, statements, and Q&A to support response strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree required in English, marketing, journalism, public relations, sciences, or transferrable area.
- Pharma, med tech, life sciences or healthcare industry and agency experience required.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in corporate communications or public relations.
At CG Life we are passionate about scientific innovation. And we offer you the chance to help showcase the work of our clients and how it will help transform how healthcare innovation is developed and delivered to meet the unmet healthcare needs of people around the world.
To apply, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter that introduces yourself and communicates how you and CG Life are a perfect match with a shared passion for translating science and healthcare into communications and marketing programs that deliver results. Oh, and let us know your favorite scientist while you’re at it.