At CG Life, we want to lead, not follow. Since 2003, the agency has been innovating its communications team, practices and functions to stay ahead of industry trends and support integrated approaches for its clients. We want to continue to elevate this critically important function within the agency.
- Knowledge/Experience: With a strong understanding of marketing and communications best practices, as well as the life science and/or healthcare sectors, the Vice President of Public Relations ensures the development of relevant and engaging communications to drive interaction, engagement and demand for CG Life’s clients as well as the agency.
- Management/Resource Development: The VP of PR manages the entire PR team (freelance and FTEs spanning CG Life’s offices) and is responsible for nurturing the professional development and advancement of its members.
- Reporting: The role reports to the managing partners. Collaboration: The person in this role collaborates with the departments of digital, content and paid marketing, client services/account management, creative, business development and senior management. Steward of the CG Life culture and ambassador for the brand externally.
- Responsibility: The role provides and directs client communications strategy, oversees all earned media efforts by the agency, and works in close partnership with colleagues across the agency to drive awareness, visibility, lead gen, engagement, retention and positive customer behavior for CG Life clients and the agency. Additionally, the role is responsible for supporting/contributing to the agency achieving its annual revenue growth and margin goals.
- Maps out PR strategies that support and extend marketing initiatives, both short and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous movement of strategies is a must.
- Partners with account teams across the agency to provide PR services for various clients on deadline.
- Manages workflow of PR projects and programs coming through the agency, managing resources and directing accordingly – working closely with the team – but also steps in when and where needed to ensure goals are met.
- Working closely with the managing partners and other senior leaders, leads agency PR initiatives and pro-actively suggests strategies for elevating agency visibility.
- Integrates client and agency PR activities within broader marketing campaigns.
- Embraces and advances the CG Life culture in spirit and practice.
- Manages budgets and contract negotiation with all PR clients.
- Leads the hiring and supervising of PR staff including making business cases for new hires or resources changes.
- Manages PR programs, projects and staff in such a way that they are completed on time and within agreed upon budgets.
- Depth of PR experience, preferably both agency and in-house; working expert knowledge of PR practices as well as experience within the life science and/or healthcare vertical.
- Able to lead and inspire individuals and teams to achieve agency growth goals.
- Skilled at communications, strategy development, and distribution strategies and tactics.
- Able to empathize, intuitively understanding what an audience needs to know and how they want to consume information.
- Leadership skills required to define and manage a set of goals.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing client campaigns.
- Able to work in varying project cycles and managing contractors when needed.
- Willing to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Excellent overall writing and editing skills in a number of different styles/tones.
- Impeccable spelling and grammar; an understanding of AP style preferred.
- Excellent research, organizational, and learning skills.
- High comprehension of business software (e.g., Word, Excel, Basecamp, Workamajig, Box and Google)
- Strategic and creative thinker.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Fluent in Urdu and Mandarin. Just kidding.
- Continual improvement of agency communications services and offerings.
- Positive contributor to the agency reaching its annual business goals.
- Positive partnership with other agency leaders and enhancing the culture.
- Positive brand recognition for the agency through its communications.
- Client and employee affinity.
To apply, send us your resume to email@example.com along with a cover letter that introduces yourself and communicates how you and CG Life are a perfect match with a shared passion for translating science and healthcare into communications and marketing programs that deliver results. Oh, and let us know your favorite scientist while you’re at it.